Sunday 20 February 2011

to be or not to be..

Kids, stay in school. I mean it. Stay in school; as long as you possibly can. Because, trust me on this, when you get out you will be expected to get and keep a job which is hardly as glamourous as you might imagine and when I say you I mean me. Ok, I didn't mean to sound like Bob Saget prologue-ing an episode of How I Met Your Mother, but this whole having-a-job thing is really stressing me out. Specifically the part where I'm supposed to do university all at the same time. See, I have this new job. It involves a lot of web design and programming which I love so it's an awesome position. The pay is good. My boss is great. But, and that's a big but, the honeymoon phase has hardly began and already I'm faced with a dilemma. Midterms are coming up next week and I've just been informed that I will be working on a site which has to be up by the end of that same week. Whut?

Sigh. So that's that. I have no idea what I'm gonna do. Do you think sleep is a necessity or more like an optional kinda thing?

On a happier note, I've started getting orders for my cupcakes & cookies this past 2 weeks. So stoked about that. Maybe that's what I should do. Give up on this whole computer nerd thing and open myself a pretty little bakery or cupcakery. Is that a thing, cupcakery? it should be a thing.


2 comments:

GrandmaAL said...

DUDE. its called JUST DO IT. just get it done.

I did uni and full time work for 2 yrs and had plenty of "fuck" moments. so what did i do?

1. BREATHE
2. get some cupcakes to munch on from the CUPCAKERY.
3. JUST DO IT. u'll come out of it all a much well-rounded if, not drained out, person.


And YES sleep is a necessity. that's all i gotta say.

congrats on ur job and the cupcakes n everything, you high flier, you.

jon said...

ahaha dude I was like but, but, but, all the way through reading that comment whiny bitch style.. but you're right you gotsa do what you gotsa do. GrandmaAl, consider me inspired.

Post a Comment