Sunday 5 December 2010

First Post

Hi.
Life is a bunch of hellos, so this is another one.
I heed and I hawed and I finally cave in.
So what brought this sudden change of heart? What dared me to thread on this perilous ground, dear faceless void of the internet?

Well, in a nutshell, I've decided to have this space so I can start writing again.  I used to write a lot. and cook a lot. These days not so much.  These days I'm too busy with school stuff.  I mean I love coding a game as much as the next person, but dammn is it a grind.  I still cook, but only out of necessity, not anything exciting.

Since the holidays are just around the corner I've decided to cook my way through this holiday.  I'll be working with new recipes and/or putting my own twist to classic dishes but most of all, i really want to improve my baking skills.

Anyways, this is a practical way for me to do all of the above.  No delusions of grandeur here. I promise to never use exclamation marks but I will leave you dear reader with my favourite Mark Twain quote,
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

peace.

p.s i just realized they have a term that could sum up all of the above pretty swiftly. QUARTERLIFE CRISIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment